At Kentucky Children’s Hospital, our dedicated staff and advanced technology work hand-in-hand to serve you.
As an integral part of UK Healthcare, Kentucky Children’s Hospital consolidates our extensive array of comprehensive services under one roof.
Kentucky Children's Hospital includes:
- 66 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) beds
- 58 Level III beds (for severely ill newborn care)
- Eight Level II beds (for intermediate newborn care)
- 43 Acute Care (non-ICU) beds
- 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- 12-bed Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Eight 23-hour observation beds and 3 infusion beds
- 26-bed normal newborn nursery
- Three children's playrooms, a computer room and a library containing books and movies
- Three consult rooms (one in PICU, one in NICU and one in Acute Care)
- Four sleep rooms for parents of children in the ICU
- A Ronald McDonald family room, open 24 hours a day for families of children in intensive care